UCSOND is an umbrella organization of Community Based Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, Christian Organizations, Muslim Organizations, Farmers Group, Women Groups, Youth Groups, Trade Groups and Artisans in seven districts (Jomoro, Ellembelle, Nzema East, Ahanta West, Sekondi-Takoradi, Shama and Amenfi East) of the Western Region of Ghana. UCSOND was formed in 1998 as a civic union in the erstwhile Nzema East District to advocate for the vulnerable and marginalized communities. UCSOND is registered with the Registrar General’s Department, department of social welfare and the seven district assemblies.
To reach sustainable citizen satisfaction through citizens’ participation.
Citizens are well informed and satisfied if they participate in every decision that affects their well-being as people.
To mobilize and empower civil society organizations to demand for accountability and transparency in the governance of natural resources and public service delivery.
- Enhancing our institutional and organizational capacity in order to implement more effectively the various programmes of UCSOND to support UCSOND’s constituencies
- Improve our capacity to document our successes, challenges and processes to support advocacy campaign
- Promoting the empowerment of socially excluded persons
- Broadening and strengthening our visibility as a strategic local and regional resource/partner
- Enhancing/expanding/improving our education and community programs
- Growing in membership
- Providing for the long-term financial stability of UCSOND